Connect with others:
- Gardeners of Montavilla Facebook group
- Oregon State Federation of Garden Clubs
- The Portland Garden Club
- Portland Permaculture Meetup
- Villa Garden Club
- Zenger Urban Grange
- GardenPuzzle.com planner
- GrowVeg.com Garden Planner
- PlanGarden.com Plandgarden
- SmallBluePrinter.com Garden Planner
- Gardenate planning calendar
- Growing Gardens
- Grow Portland
- Portland Community Gardens
- Portland Nursery Veggie Calendar
- Urban Farm Collective
- Farmer’s Almanac frost dates calculator
- Farmer’s Almanac planting date calendar
- US Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zone map
- Growing Gardens
- GOM Saturday Free Garden Produce Market
- Oregon Food Bank, Plant a Row Program
- Outgrowing Hunger
- Audubon Society of Portland native plant list
- City of Portland plant list
- City of Portland Weed ID Guide
- East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District
- Native Plant Society or Oregon Portland Chapter
- March — Native Plant Sale, Friends of Baltimore Woods
- April — Incredible Edibles Sale, Multnomah County Master Gardeners
- April — Spring Plant Sale, Leach Botanical Garden
- April — Plant Sale, House of Dreams
- Oregon State University (OSU) Extension Master Gardener Metro Area
Toxic chemical reduction:
- Audubon Society of Portland Backyard Habitat Certification
- Pollinator Parkways
- National Wildlife Federation Certified Wildlife Habitat
- Depave — mission: through community partnerships and volunteer engagement, Depave strives to overcome the social and environmental impacts of pavement with the use of action-oriented educational events, community stewardship, and advocacy to reconnect people with nature and inspire others.
- Growing Gardens — mission: reduce hunger and transform lives thru the experience of gardening and growing your own food.
- Grow Portland — mission: empowering our community to grow healthy food.
- Outgrowing Hunger — mission: get healthy food into the mouths of hungry people.
- Portland Fruit Tree Project — mission: by empowering neighbors to share in the harvest and care of urban fruit trees, we are preventing waste, building community knowledge and resources, and creating sustainable, cost-free ways to obtain healthy, locally-grown food.
- Urban Farm Collective — mission: bring neighbors together to transform vacant lots into neighborhood food gardens for the purposes of community building, education and improving food security.
- Zenger Farm — we are a working urban farm that models, promotes and educates about sustainable food systems, environmental stewardship, community development and access to good food for all.